Monday, August 14, 2006

The fatal fork















Sorry to have been out of touch for a few days. We were, as they say, experiencing technical difficulties, and I couldn't post any pictures. My good friend Dennis Cope fixed the problem. Many thanks!

To my great surprise, I lost 10 pounds while in China. As many of you know, I have trouble losing weight, and this is a source of great frustration. Here's what I did differently in China:

  1. I walked a tremendous amount. It's what people there do.
  2. I ate Chinese food, which is full of vegetables and fairly low fat.
  3. I used chopsticks. If you eat with chopsticks, you invariably lose interest in whatever you were eating, long before you finish it.
Now that I can use either, I prefer chopsticks to forks. Forks are much too efficient. Above: my new, improved but far from perfect figure.
Below: chopsticks and bowl.

2 comments:

quig said...

glad you are back on-line...I'll sitck with the fork....

Dennis and Marie said...

You are looking marvelous! So good to have you back. Marie

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...