Thursday, August 17, 2006

Alien life forms















While in China, I did some research When I filled out a form for the IRB (Institutional Review Board on Research), I had to say if I was working with ethnic minorities. My subjects were Chinese schoolteachers. Are they a minority? Not in China they aren't. There are are several billion Chinese people over in Asia.

Growing up in New York, I saw there were all different kinds of people. While New York has changed since I was a girl, it is still very diverse. Yesterday, I visited my "hometown" with my son Michael. Above: Michael with an alien life form we met in the theater district. The robot addressed Michael as "Yellow one." Below: a portion of a mural at the United Nations, reading : "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

1 comment:

Dennis and Marie said...

That is a fine looking "Yellow One" you have for a son. I am glad you had a good visit.
Dennis

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...