Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Chinastuff

China's is a gift giving culture, so one invariably comes back to the US with an array of presents from friends, colleagues and former students: scarves, cups, scrolls, teacups, Chinese opera masks, decorative boxes. There are so many of them!

We recently moved, and I found a passel of Chinapresents in one of the boxes. It was like clearing out after Christmas. We're pressed for storage space in the new place, and there isn't time to regift, I'll be donating some of these items.

Below:
A sample of chinastuff I have to get rid of.  


1 comment:

Teressa Sliger said...

If you find any more, I will take them off your hands!it was so nice to meet you and Joe in Chattenooga.

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...