Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Welcome for the next eight years

My Chinese visa read "Valid from April 2015 to April 2025." I thought it was a mistake, and I applied for a new one anyway.  Most of the time, Chinese visas are granted for one visit only, though it's possible to obtain a multiple entry visa, especially for business.

The visa agent told me the ten year visa was valid, though she could not say why I'd been granted one.  A stroke of luck.  While visas to China cost only $140, there are associated fees of about $100 in addition.  American visas are slightly more-- from 160 to 190 USD, but the Chinese consider them very expensive because of the exchange rate.

Below:
My ten year visa
.

No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...