Sunday, June 19, 2011

Off to Weihai by way of Hong Kong

11:22 PM Sunday June 19th.  Just over 4 hours from now at 3:30 AM tomorrow morning, Griffin is picking us up and transporting us to Tri-Cities airport.  The plane leaves at 5:25 AM.
We have a connecting flight to Charlotte, after which we go to Chicago and on to Hong Kong.  We will arrive Tuesday evening, but the whole thing will feel like one enormously long day.  I've done this before, and I know the drill.

Today was Father's Day. Joe took a rain check on dinner at Sahib's, but with any luck, he'll let me take him someplace nice in Hong Kong.  We make an overnight stop in Hong Kong; then the next day, we fly to Shanghai where we pick up a turboprop for Weihai.  We'll land in Weihai Wednesday evening.

It's a tiring business, especially since the airlines, ever mindful of profits, pack people closely together in a manner reminiscent of the old slave ships.
  Possibly, I'll be able to post from Hong Kong; otherwise, expect to hear from me again sometime midweek.

No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...