Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Best Laid Plans

We should be in Hong Kong. We have made it as far as Chicago. Apparently, a massive computer crash at United Airlines has caused cancellation of many flights.  We were in a hotel overnight at United Airlines expense. They gave us brown paper bags filled with tooth paste, lotion and soap, but wouldn't give back our luggage. They swear up and down that they'll  get us on a flight to Hong Kong later this morning.  I have a hotel reserved in Hong Kong, and I'm working on rescheduling the Chinese flights we will miss. Joe and I are exhausted.

That's the short version. The longer version is a blur of airports, long lines, and other exhausted people. I'll tell you more when I have energy.

1 comment:

AD Ramsey said...

Wow...that sounds horrible. Hope things get better very soon!

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...