Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Necessities of life















Joe arrives tomorrow. In preparation, I have purchased extra hangers and mopped the floor-- and you all know how often I clean house. Moreover, I have purchased a state of the art coffee maker and a large can of Nescafe for Joe. My husband needs his coffee. This beverage is a luxury here, but is available at a price. Unfortunately, I won't be able to fix him any when he arrives. The electricity will be off tomorrow. Yesterday, the water was off for twelve hours. That was the third time the water was off. Odd thing, you start getting used to these disruptions
of the routine..


















No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...