Friday, July 21, 2006

Open Ceremonies















The Chinese government, which is sponsoring our teacher training, is taking the process very seriously. We trainers, all native speakers, are from Great Britain and America, and the clients are Chinese, making this a complex cross-cultural venture. At times, there was so much back-and-forth that if I hadn't known this was teacher training, I'd have thought people were discussing nuclear disarmament. Above: Our director, Sir Barry Jowett with the Chinese officials at the training's opening ceremony. Yes, we had an opening ceremony. We'll have a closing ceremony. too. Like the Olympics. Believe me when I say it's a big deal.

4 comments:

Dennis and Marie said...

I love the picture of the officials at the opening ceremony. Please notice the guy wearing a tie is of course British!

Roz Raymond Gann said...

Of course!

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...