Thursday, July 06, 2006

Knowing What To Look For

My friend Carl thought I might like to see the "drum tower" museum. He gave me precise instructions as to location told me to look for a tower with a bell at the top. I looked all over that vicinity and never found anything that suited the description. On the way back to the center, I got lost. I was about to call the schoolwhere I work for help when I recognized a familiar street. I had walked far out of my way, but I knew how to find my way back.

I showed my friend the day's pictures. Turns out I'd located the drum tower-- see above. I just hadn't known what it was. In a day or two, I'll go back and see the inside of the museum.

3 comments:

mac said...

Quite an adventure, Roz! I guess that you're having exciting and humbling experiences almost every hour of the day. Hang in there! I'm sure you're looking forward to Joe's visit. We'll miss him here, but we're glad that he's able to make the trip so that you'll have somebody to get lost with! -- the Codys

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...