Sunday, June 25, 2006

The dumpling industry















The Chinese are wild about dumplings (Shown second row left). Entire restaurants are devoted to their sale. I guess it's analagous to the American love affair with pizza. Dumplings are eaten with chopsticks. They may be placed on a plate, or in soup. My friend Yang Ping invited me to her home to learn the fine art of dumpling creation. You must take care not to stretch the dough too much and pinch the dough packet into the shape of a half moon. Yours truly had a hand in making the dumplings shown in this picture. Yang's daughter Lucy is an expert dumpling maker.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...