Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Russians are coming!


















The seaside community of Weihai where we are now staying is on the Yellow Sea, just across from the Korean Pennisula (see map). Russia is to the North, and many Russian families vacation here. The areas by the beach are multi-lingual, with many signs in Russian and Korean, as well as in Chinese and English.

Russian tourists often speak to me in Russian. Upon reflection, I realized why this is so-- my ancestry is East European, and I look like them!




















bi-lingual sign in Chinese and Russian.
















Common genotype: The reader will note a decided resemblance between these Russian ladies and yours truly

No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...