Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Do Not Ask What Is It















The US is full of Chinese restaurants which do not serve Chinese food. Real Chinese food is alien and more varied. The Chinese serve animal parts we don't normally eat-- claws, faces, male genitalia. They eat all manner of sea food-- for example sea cucumber (above). Joe and I are fairly adventurous eaters, and much of the strange food is delicious. But poorly prepared food, strange or not, can cause problems. Here in Weihai, our friends made sure we went to safe places. But I sometimes made mistakes in Nanjing and suffered the consequences.

3 comments:

Bo said...

Yummy!!! Can't wait for some good ole Chinese home cooking!!

quig said...

I'll stick to my American non-Chinese Chinese food...

Ruth W. said...

ME TOO!!!!

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...