Thursday, June 26, 2008

ETSU Pride in Nanjing

In these times, educational institutions on opposite sides of the globes may form partnerships. One of the reasons I'm in China this
summer is to work on cultural collaborations between our university's Clemmer College of Education and Nanjing's Kongzi Academy. The
relevant cooperation agreement with Kongzi Academy was signed by Dr. Hal Knight, our Dean when he visited a year ago March (above).



Here, Sir Barry Jowett of Nanjing's Kongzi Academy models an ETSU T-shirt (below).
As an nth degree nerd, I've never been a great one for school spirit. But I must say, I'm proud of the many international programs ETSU has become involved with. Maybe I'll even start wearing one of those T-shirts.


















4 comments:

quig said...

ETSU has many wonderful programs of which we can be proud!!!

Bo said...

Go Bucs!! Hip Hip Herr Ray!! Oops, that last is an inside joke. I took German in college with a fraternity brother Ron Ray. Our professor ALWAYS took roll. He would call it out by saying Herr Howell, Herr Rosenthal, etc. One day I had the class go Hip Hip before the prof said Herr Ray. You had to have been there!

quig said...

That is too funny!!! thanks for sharing Bo

Ruth W. said...

hey Roz, even I am wearing a ETSU T-shirt up here in Minnesota!! People will stop me on my walks and ask what does ETSU stand for. I tell them, as their response is....oh, thanks, bye..lol. I promise to try to educate the people up North here how wonderful ETSU is..

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...