Thursday, July 05, 2007

My apologies


I make every effort to write this blog in plain English, and not in the academic Gobbledeegook I sometimes use in my work. In a previous entry, I stated that our Chinese visitors were coming to ETSU "for a month of American pedagogical studies and language and cultural immersion."
I meant to say that our visitors are coming to learn more about America, its education system, and its language. We have no plans to teach them to speak Gobbledeegook.
Thanks to the ever-reliable Dennis Cope for calling this lapse to my attention.

1 comment:

nbta said...

I'm sure that if your Chinese visitors would have read "for a month of American pedagogical studies and language and cultural immersion." ...they would have understood perfectly what you meant! But thanks for educating and giving us the translation in plain English!

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...