Thursday, July 05, 2007

China is coming to us

People asked why I wasn't blogging. In part, the problem was exhaustion. Three trips to China in one year take something out of a person. I've been resting a lot.

There was another reason. For months, I have been absorbed in an effort to bring twelve professors from China to the ETSU campus for a month of American pedagogical studies and language and cultural immersion. It took a lot of effort. Until I was sure it would happen, I did not want to post anything on the web. Many times, I thought it would fall through. But now, we have things in place. Two weeks from Saturday, we will be greeting our visitors.

Below: Dr. Knight meets with Vice President Li and Mr. Guo at North China University of Technology in Beijing. Picture was taken last March, when the project was first discussed.




Below: Students at North China University of Technology

4 comments:

quig said...

I hope everything goes as you expect!!! Cheers, john

Dennis and Marie said...

Hi Roz,
I am very worried about the visit to ETSU of the professors from China. Since I have no idea what, and I quote "a month of American pedagogical studies and language and cultural immersion" means. I wonder if they know what they are getting in to!
Dennis

Roz Raymond Gann said...

I apologize for writing in academic gobbledeegook.I try to use English when I write on this blog. The professors are coming to improve their English, to learn about the United States, especially the way we teach.

Ruth W. said...

lol...leave it to Dennis to set us straight...good job Dennis

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...