Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An Impressive Position


All summer, I've waited for our Chinese teacher training projects to happen or to fall through. For weeks, they would do neither. Then, Nanjing fell through. With my abounding optimism, I waited for the NCUT (North China University of Technology) project to do the same. But it didn't. At this moment, the twelve participating professors are en route from Beijing.
I will be teaching in the project. I have drawn up schedules and itineraries. I have even been scavenging kitchen equipment for dormitory kitchens.

I think I deserve a new title for the service I am rendering to ETSU. The university abounds in program coordinators, deans, chairs and vice presidents. I prefer the designation CHIEF COOK AND BOTTLE WASH. The title is not a metaphor. I actually procure and wash pots (see above).


1 comment:

Ruth W. said...

So glad it is working out for you Roz!! I know you have put much time into this project.
WELL DONE MY FRIEND

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...