Friday, March 02, 2007

Returning


As some of you know, I am returning to China this weekend to help arrange further exchanges between ETSU and Chinese institutions. I am the junior member of the party-- Dr. Jack Rhoton is going as is Dr. Hal Knight, our Dean. Dr. Weixing Chen, a young and extremely accomplished professor of International Studies is coming with us and will serve as our interpreter. I am excited about the programs we're working on, and I'll be delighted if we accomplish what we're hoping to, but it seems a little soon to be leaving home. I've just recovered from reentry. And yellow cat, butter only recently forgave me for being away so long.


I am gifted (or afflicted) with wanderlust, however I like spending time in the Southern Mountains. I love our small house with its surrounding trees. If I'm here too long though, I start to feel hemmed in, and I want to travel. But this is coming very soon.
Above: Butter naps on the couch.
Below: Jasmine, the younger of my cats, makes it hard to pack.

2 comments:

Ruth W. said...

Roz, does this mean you will not be in JC TN from Apr 19 to the 26TH? I will be there, can't believe I'll miss seeing you again..lol. Have a great trip!!!. I'm getting that wanderlust feeling alsoi.

Anonymous said...

wonderful! is it Weihai you will come back to? Welcome back!!

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...