Saturday, March 03, 2007

Fight or flight















I don't sleep much the night before these two journeys to the other side of the world; nor do I sleep on the plane. Packing my life into one suitcase and two carry-ons is a mental effort which, once undertaken, leaves me too wound for rest. Getting ready for a two week trip to China is as complicated as preparing to be there six months. I still pack everything from a Bible to electronic adapters to hiking boots. Just now, I rose from my bed and put a stapler in my suitcase. You need them sometimes when you're doing paperwork, and while they're available in China, it can take awhile to locate one.

1 comment:

quig said...

safe passage Roz.........

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...