Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hymnal Online





At the house church I attend, we do plenty of singing, but not the hymns I know best. Last week, they sang one that began “I may never march in the infantry...” I knew the tune from camp, but the words I’d learned were completely different: “Great green globs of greasy, grimy gopher guts; mutilated monkey meat, little birdies’ dirty feet…”

Back in the US, the only time I ever looked at the United Methodist hymnal was at church. In an offhand way, I always liked it especially since its revision, but it was never a big part of my live. Now, I listen to the Methodist Hymnal online just about every day.

At one time wondered what sort of dorky person would actually listen to hymns online. Things look different over here.

www.hymnsite.com/abc.sht

No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...