Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Differences

Last summer in Nanjing, I posted to this blog with few problems. Almost always, I could send pictures. Here, I attempt to post daily but do not always get through. In part, the problem is infrastructure. The server is not designed for a campus community of 16,000 faculty and students. But there are differences between the settings. Its strong central government notwithstanding, Chin is not monolithic. A provincial university is more tightly monitored than a small language school in a major city.

When I don't post, it's because I can't.

1 comment:

Dennis and Marie said...

we have missed your pictures but your blog is still great! keep it up. Marie

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...