Saturday, June 28, 2014

Busy, busy

The upcoming trip to China will be only three and a half weeks long, making it one of my shortest. However, it’s no less complex. I have checklists of people to contact, including thank yous to everyone who recommended me for promotion to full professor, another of things to buy—like a travel iron and a new camera, memos about bringing double A batteries and adaptor plugs, and a compendium of tasks such as applying for an international faculty ID card-- something I should have done weeks ago. Dennis Cope (pictured below) was just to our house vetting my laptop for its excursion to China. He’ll be managing my blog while I am overseas. I’m able to send him pictures and postings via my gmail. The Chinese government blocks access to blogs.

2 comments:

mary holder said...

Very interesting,Roz. Have a safe trip. We will miss you but will look forrward to your blog.

Renee' C. Lyons said...

My goodness...blocked blogs! Well, so happy to read this one!

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...