Sunday, May 30, 2010

Information control

I write this blog from Beijing, but the actual posting is done by our
good friend Dennis Cope in America.

North China University of Technology, where I am working is
well-equipped and has a lovely a lovely campus (see photos). Students
walk about smiling and play ball. To look at this place, you would not
know how tightly information is controlled. It is, I think tighter
than in previous years.

In my current location, I cannot use Dropbox, the system I would
normal use to share files with Dennis . Nor can I access any type of
information bypass software. I cannot see Facebook, blogspot, or
Youtube, all of which were available the summer of the Olympics.
Obviously, I cannot view this blog, but I will read your comments when
I return to the States.

We've had a good sleep and are reconnecting with friends. As always,
excursions to China are an adventures.













1 comment:

cctai@etsu said...

Hi Roz,
It makes sense to me that you can't view your blog in China. China forbade Google and Facebook.

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...