Tuesday, July 15, 2008

American cooking?


It was a hot day. After a morning of viewing monuments, our guide asked if we would like lunch. I was exhausted and overheated. "Do you ever serve cold food, here?" I asked. Chinese food is normally piping hot.

Cold food?

The Chinese don't eat it. They think it's bad for a person. Our guide suggested we eat American food. So we found an "American" restaurant where the food was excellent and featured such delights as vegetables wrapped in seaweed and pizza topped with seafood and corn. Not my idea of American cooking, but American Chinese restaurants must look strange to Chinese guests visiting us.

2 comments:

Bo said...

I understand not wanting to eat hot food as you explained, but I don't think the food pictured is a good alternative. That's just me.

Tao said...

You may try the rice conjee with ice on it in one of the cafeteria. It is good, sweet though.

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...