Saturday, December 29, 2007

New name; same address


When I began blogging in May 2006, I was going to China. I saw blogging as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends without writing endless feature emails or clogging everyone's mailbox with pictures. I had read just a handful of blogs and had no understanding of their power. Blogs link us with friends, strangers, and enemies, rendering location irrelevant. They provide a writing space at once personal and connectional.


I hope to travel again, but for now I'm in the US. No longer am I writing a 'China Blog.' I have renamed this blog 'Gannagram,' but its address will remain the same: http://www.rozchina.blogspot.com/ Address changes on the web are a nuisance, as they are everywhere else.


2 comments:

quig said...

Glad you are back in blogland -

nbta said...

It's a good new name for your blog! But, I hope that doesn't mean you aren't going back to experience some more of China.

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...