Sunday, July 09, 2006

The consequences of Pigging Out.















I'm pigging out on this place-- on the culture, the people and increasingly the opportunities to learan about ESL. Inevitably, I overdo. My balance isn't the greatest when I'm tired. My knee gave out and I tripped on a grating. I was not hurt except for a bruise or two. This happens to me now and then, and I'm used to it. The real challenge was to keep the friendly Chinese bystanders from hoisting me to my feet before I was ready, instead of letting me get up gradually.

Above: the street lwhere I fell. Below, a glorious temple I saw today before my class started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...