Friday, June 23, 2006

Chinese Fast Food

A number of you have asked about the food here. Pictured is the lunch I had today, which came from the Chinese fast food place which serves our office. Clockwise: white rice, fish based soup with sea weed and white melon, tiny green beans with chicken, roast pork, bean curd, green cabbage, white cabbage. The white cabbage is flavored with pepper and ginger. The green cabbage has a slimy texture. It's all pretty good, aside from the ginger-flavored bean curd, which to me tastes like cigarette ash. It's a totally foreign cuisine, and nothing tastes the way you expect it to. It's a lot to manage with chopsticks. I give up after eating about half the meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...