Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Technical Difficulties


People make jokes about what we call "The Great Firewall of China." Most of the time, I cannot view this blog, nor any of yours. I send posts via Dennis Cope, our good friend, who is pictured above with his wife Marie and his late dog, Maddie. I was briefly able to see the blogs today,but the system shut down when I tried to post. Google images and Gmail have also gone down.

Proxy-based software such as Freegate sometimes allows one to bypass Chinese information control. I learned about Freegate from a Chinese teenager last summer. Would it worked better.

Below: The dove, symbol of Freegate.

No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...