Saturday, October 28, 2006

Betwixt and Between















I spent today trying to find a winter coat because it's gotten cold. I also searched for slacks because the ones I have are now huge. One of my students came with me to help. It was hard to fit me. I am nowhere nearly as small as an average Chinese woman, but the items in a shop for large Chinese ladies were oversize and not shaped like me. I finally got myself a men's bubble coat and the smallest slacks the people in the large ladies' store could locate.
Above: The open carts on the streets of Weihai's business district contrast with a downtown department store and the ubiquitous inflatable arch of China mobile.

No comments:

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...