Sunday, September 10, 2006

David Woody: In appreciation















In a few minutes, I will leave for the house church I attend here in Weihai. I enjoy going there, but I miss the thoughtful preaching of David Woody (above) which emphasizes welcome and inclusion rather than doctrinal purity.

The day after tomorrow China time, my home church, Cherokee United Methodist, will hold a luncheon in David's honor. When David preaches, he always begins by saying "make me your servant David disappear that your word may be proclaimed." It is tribute to David's modesty that I had great difficulty finding a picture of him on the Cherokee website. Among the dozens posted, I only found one.

I had not been into the website for a long time. I was touched that it contained a link to this blog.

The Chinese mark many special occasions with fireworks ( below). David, enjoy your special day.

4 comments:

mac said...

A very nice posting, Roz. We had a good day celebrating David and Angee and the girls. Both service and meal were great.

We missed you.

Ruth W. said...

Yes, I am sure it was a special day for David. I knew the first time I listened to him, I realized he was pretty special. I've ilistened to many sermons, but his was different.

woody said...

Thank you, Roz, Mac, and Ruth, you humble me with your words. We all know it's not about me but the ONE we serve!

Grace & Peace

quig said...

It was a wonderful time honoring a wonderful family....thanks David for sharing your life with us...

Roz - great blog!!

What does tomorrow mean? It is 5:30 pm here, but at home it’s 5:00 in the morning. I leave Weihai tomorrow and make a stop in Beijing. ...